Friday, March 23, 2018

No Fear

When all the Amorite kings west of the Jordan and all the Canaanite kings who lived along the Mediterranean coast heard how the LORD had dried up the Jordan River so the people of Israel could cross, they lost heart and were paralyzed with fear because of them. [Joshua 5.1]

It stands out to me again today that God's favor upon His own invokes fear to all others.

As I consider what the world in general thinks of the USA (once known as a Christian nation) today, it does not stand out to me that there is any fear.

As I consider what the USA in general thinks of its Christian inhabitants today, it does not stand out to me that there is any fear.

As I consider what individuals in general think of God today, it does not stand out to me that there is any fear.

Why?

Perhaps it is because there are no fresh 'Red Sea' or 'Jordan River' testimonies.

Father, there is not much to be said except please forgive us for not trusting You enough to have Your glory manifested in and around us and our circumstances.

No comments: