Translate

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Plain and Simple: Repent

The LORD keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. [Psalm 121.7]

Now, how does one read this very descriptive verse about God's role in his life and then turn and say, "God allows suffering in my sinless life to make me better"?

It's often been said that God puts us through the fire to refine us. But, you know what? Pure gold needs no refining. In other words, only gold with impurities (can you say, "SIN") needs to be refined!!!!!!

What I am seeing here then is that when "refining" circumstances come into our lives, our first response should be REPENT! Plain and simple. Whether it is a violation of Law or the lack of faith makes no difference, sin is sin.

Father, I don't want to be proud and arrogant. I understand that when trials do come, they are the result of impurities in my life that need to be gotten rid of. I understand that impurities are sin and sin requires repentance.

No comments: