Monday, July 24, 2017

Because God Said So

I [the LORD] publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right. [Isaiah 45.19]

We should be so practical as God. He told us to seek Him. It is not an impossible task!

The problem lies in our doubt about God's intentions for us. Our failure to believe Him and His Word make us reluctant to believe we can do God's will in the earth.

Jesus came as our example that God's will can be done on earth (as it is in heaven) - the Kingdom way. We have no reason not to believe that we can do everything Jesus modeled for us including, as Jesus Himself said, even greater things.

Why?

Because God said so.

God said to seek Him first. God said everything else would be taken care of. God said He would bless the obedient (including those obedient in faith - faith in Christ).

We should consider this today.

Not far away form the passage above in Isaiah is found the following:

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. [Isaiah 40.31]

So is this true or not?

I say it is true.

Father, there is so much You are teaching me. I know I am (and will remain as long I I tarry on earth) in the learning process, but I am grateful that You are working in my life and teaching me daily. Your Word is true. Everything You have said about and to me is fact. I am Your servant - I am Your ambassador - I am Your faithful steward. I soar like the eagle, run and do not grow weary, and walk without fainting. I can and will do all that You have declared.

No comments: