Translate

Friday, June 30, 2017

Reader Beware?

Isaiah 14

Over the past years, the prophecies in the Bible have just seemed to "pop up" out of nowhere. I suppose that is because I have very little understanding as to what was taking place in the context of those prophecies.

Today, I found myself a little more engaged than in years past. The scripture reference in Isaiah 14 above didn't seem so out of place as in the past. Isaiah 14 is commonly thought to be a prophecy that reveals Satan. The King of Babylon is considered a 'type' of Satan.

This does not seem so out of place today simply because the King of Babylon was acting on behalf of Satan (who was acting on behalf or his role as punish-er for sin).

So, the prophecy against the King of Babylon is accurately a prophecy against Satan as well.

Why is this important? Because it gives supportive evidence that prophecies are amazing revelations.

Here is something to consider: Every prophecy in the Bible about evil and destruction is a prophecy about Satan. Every prophecy about Satan in the Bible is a prophecy about his followers... Do you see where I am going with this? There is a bright side to this!

Every prophecy about good and blessing in the Bible is a prophecy about Jesus. Every prophecy about Jesus in the Bible is a prophecy about His followers! Oh wow!

I may be totally wrong here - so reader, please be aware (ie. beware). However, this thought is worth considering further, and I shall. But, if we are to live like Jesus on this earth, then some of what I am saying here makes perfect sense.

Father, I don't know if I accurately conveyed what was in my mind here today, but I know what You have spoken to me. Thank You for Your amazing orchestration of a plan above all plans - Your Kingdom!


No comments: