He [Jahaziel son of Zechariah] said, “Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. [2 Chronicles 20.15]
In the context of the story above or in the context of our own lives, the battle is not ours , but God's.
Now, this statement does not cover everyone, but those who faithfully fear and serve God. We must recognize that the Bible repeatedly points out that God intervenes on behalf of those who follow Him. People who do not seek God have no reason to believe His benefits are for them. Ahab, in this same day's reading, is a prime example of that.
So, whose side are you on? And Who is on your side? May I suggest that He is on our side Whose side we are on! And, because of that, we can rest in victory!
Father, I am grateful that I can call upon You knowing that You desire my undivided devotion and that You desire to show Yourself strong on my behalf!
No comments:
Post a Comment