But I keep praying to you, Lord, hoping this time you will show me favor. In your unfailing love, O God, answer my prayer with your sure salvation. [Psalm 69.13]
Now, this verse shows some real commitment!
The implication of the verse above is that other times previous to this prayer, favor was not shown - those prayers were not answered in the desired way.
But rather than focus on the unanswered prayer, it seems much more prudent to observe and learn from the commitment to continue to pray regardless.
I admit, praying can sometimes become wearisome to the one praying. I myself have experienced that 'weary' many times. I am experiencing that 'weary' right now. However, I have every reason to continue to pray. The Bible teaches me that to pray and keep on praying is right. I have learned that faith is persistent. I have learned that faith is relentless in its pursuit. I have learned that faith ignores the 'wind and the waves' and steps onto the water anyway. I am learning to say as Job said, "though God slay me, yet will I trust Him..." Not that I believe for a moment that God would slay me so much as I believe I would slay myself apart from the protection of Yahweh my Father!
What I see that the Father rewards is faithfulness. What I see in the verse above is faithfulness. What I learn is that faithfulness is right. What I learn is that no matter what my outcome may be, "As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
Father, I keep praying to You. Thank You that You even allow me to do that! You are good and I know I can rely on You. Let me see Your favor. Be glorified in my confession of Christ as my Savior. May Your Kingdom come!
No comments:
Post a Comment