Saturday, May 07, 2016

Communicate!

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. [Psalm 19.14]

As I read all of today's OYCB reading, I got a sense of just how transparent David really was before Yahweh. He pretty much spoke what was on his heart to God! But to sum it all up, the scripture above does so quite eloquently.

David was not afraid to lay complaints before God. Nor was David slow to worship and adore Yahweh with very descriptive words and references.

I think the thing to remember about David is that he kept communicating with God. Whether he was experiencing difficulties or was jubilant with blessing, David communicated with God about it! Many of the Psalms of the Bible are proof of this communication by David with Yahweh.

The take-away from this is simply that we should look at David's example and likewise stay in communication with our Lord God Yahweh.

Communicate!

Father, I am refreshed today to consider the fact that David kept communication open with You. Help me to learn a valuable lesson from this!

No comments: