Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Can One Pray Too Much?

Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and the Lord hears my voice. [Psalm 55.17]

It just occurred to me today that many of us eat meals three times a day - morning, noon, and night. It makes me wonder if perhaps we do that as a self-serving substitute instead of praying.

I wonder if we genuinely approached prayer like we approach eating if we would see a difference in results! Two things register in my thoughts: we would likely not struggle so much with obesity and we would likely see more answered prayer!

Can one pray too much?

Father, I have posed a question here that I would like to explore further. I believe I know the answer already, but I cannot prove it by experience! Help me to answer my own question here by putting my question to the test...

No comments: