Friday, July 10, 2015

Praise God

Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord. [Psalm 107.43]

The Psalmist is speaking here of God's blessing and provision on the faithful.

I wonder how many Christians today can honestly say, "Look at my history with God and see how He has interacted with me!"?

I think the Psalms give us some indication of what a real relationship with God looks like. There can be times of abundance and blessing as well as times of correction. However in everything, the Psalms teach us by example to declare the LORD's goodness and sovereignty through everything. They furthermore teach us to be vocal in our praise not only before God, but also before man.

No genuine relationship with God excludes praise of Him both private and public.

Father, You are my God and I praise You! You have kept me safe (when I could and should have been harmed) and You have provided for me (when my efforts could and should have only yielded lack). You have, at times withheld Your gentle touch to guide me in righteousness. Other times You have overwhelmed me with blessing for which I had no explanation. You have my attention and here You have my praise!

No comments: