In all that he did in the service of the Temple of God and in his efforts to follow God’s laws and commands, Hezekiah sought his God wholeheartedly. As a result, he was very successful. [2 Chronicles 31.21]
Jesus would later teach His followers to "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." [Matthew 6.33]
Why is it that the Bible teaches that success is very much attached to devotion to God, but the Body of Christ (the Church) really demonstrates nothing of the sort (any more so than any other grouping of people)?
In my own current life situation, I wonder if my failure is directly tied to disobedience to God? After reading the verses above, why wouldn't I wonder that? Why shouldn't I wonder that?
It would be nothing but pride that would assume in my current trials that I had done nothing wrong. What would ever else would possess me to point a finger at God as if He selected me for hard times irrespective of my devotion to Him?
In the case of Hezekiah, it was his leading the way in restoring righteousness and worship in the Temple that secured God's favor and subsequent blessing...
Ironically, in the State of Oklahoma in the United States, the high court of the state just determined that the Ten Commandments must be removed from the grounds of the State Capitol. Instead of repairing and restoring devotion to God, Oklahoma has now blatantly done the opposite. Likewise, just a week before this event, the Supreme Court of the United States determined that all bans on gay marriage must be stopped across the nation - another move in the opposite direction from obedience to God.
As God is in heaven and righteousness is His requirement, may I be so bold right here right now to issue a general warning to the United States on behalf of the LORD Most High that trouble is near? Allegorically speaking, there is a bridge out just around the corner and this country, once great in its faith and trust in God, is running full-throttle ahead none the wiser to it!
The United States has a rich history of blessing and abundance that I believe was directly resultant to a Godly founding. I shall be among the greatest of fools if those blessings continue! However, in 1962 the Supreme Court decided prayer should be removed from public schools and, even though years later, retrospective statistics reveal markedly increased problematic behavior in schools correlated with that year, no one seems to see that correlation.
Perhaps our nation will be so lucky that God no longer cares, or, better yet, that God is not real at all!
I personally firmly believe we will not find this to be the case!
Father, we need revival! I need revival! Let my heart and the heart of every American turn to You! Rescue us from the unknown but impending catastrophe that lies ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment