Friday, October 06, 2006

Dangerous Blog

OK. My reading in Colossians today causes me to wonder, "Is this a dangerous blog?"

It is very important that I realize that my opinions are just that - opinions. It is very important that others around me realize that my opinions are just opinions. It is extremely important that any person who ever reads this blog realize that the words written here are the mere opinions of a man. A sinful man. A man who struggles as much or more than anyone else. A man whose spiritual outlook is as vulnerable to manipulation for personal benefit as the worst of men.

"Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ." Colossians 2.8

That about sums it up for me today...

I want to 'want to' please You Lord. I want to 'want to' serve others in a spirit of humility and grace. Please don't let this blog be a dangerous place.

No comments: