Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Mindset

With God’s help we will do mighty things, for he will trample down our foes. [Psalm 60.12] 

Mindset.

What we choose to believe is ours to choose. The writer of Hebrews said this:

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. [Hebrews 11.6]

Jesus came to confirm God's doting character as defined in the Psalm verse above by defining His role:

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the LORD’s favor has come.” [Luke 4.18-19]

God is good and by His character, a Giver, Healer, Provider, Shepherd, etc... But do we believe it? Do we really believe it?

I am not talking about abstract faith here. If we learn nothing from Jesus' life and ministry but this, we must acknowledge that God wants to give good gifts to His children.

Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.” [Matthew 9.35-38]

We must set our minds on these things. The Psalms teach us over and again the value of declaring God's goodness as a method of overcoming the curse for disobedience upon mankind. The repetition of doing so is the only way to displace the world's indoctrination of condemnation. One of the Psalms says, "Let the redeemed of the LORD say so..."

Has the LORD redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies. [Psalm 107.2]

The Word says it.

Father, You are my victory in every situation. I confess Your goodness over myself and every circumstance with which I am involved! You are good, You are my God and I am the object of Your love and doting! I will not only survive, but I will thrive!

No comments: